I thought I'll join in with this type of monthly posts, where I can share with you my monthly discoveries / redescoveries in terms of makeup. And here goes:
From L to R:
1. Essence Metallics Quatro Eyeshadow & Gel Eyeliner 'Copper Rulez'- swatches & mini review here
2. Essence Metallic Effect in 'Party all night' - see details here
3. Lacura Concealer Pen - full review here
4. Rimmel Lash Accelerator
5. Rimmel 25 Hour Foundation - mini-review here
6. Penneys 'Tinted Love' Highlighter & Cheek Gel
7. Estee Lauder Signature Lipstick in 'Venetian Rose'
8. NYC Smooth Skin Loose Powder
9. Avon Luxe Lace Supershock Eyeliner Gel - review & makeup look here
Penneys 'Tinted Love' Highlighter & Cheek Gel
- This is a gorgeous highlighter, quite discreet, long lasting and it does the job fantastically for the price, way above its price really (c. 1.50Euros)
- The cheek / lip stain is fabulous, after comparing this one to a few more expensive ones I own (Benefit, The Body Shop, Stila) I must say this one is very impressive staying power wise, but it's also a very nice, flattering colour
- The Rimmel foundation is fantastic, well done Rimmel, just create some more shades, and we're good! Totally recommend this one for oily skin, it stays put for several hours, and the finish of it is not matte, but slightly dewy and natural, I've been wearing this EVERY DAY since I tried it for the first time, will deffo buy this again!
- The lipstick of the month E.L.'s Venetian Rose is shock horror...a nude *wowee*, this is a gorgeous, extremely flattering nude for me, I've worn this one a lot this month, I am already investigating the price for repurchasing, absolutely in love with it!
- Rimmel Lash Accelerator - a very nice mascara, did NOT make my eyelashes grow any faster, but instead conditioned and elongate them. It's a nice formula, but the product dries out in the tube a bit too fast for my liking, I would however repurchase it at some stage.
- Essence Eyeshadows - wow, I absolutely love them, especially 'Party all night' - very flattering, a safe day/office option, I've worn this a lot during weekdays.
Estee Lauder 'Venetian Rose' lipstick